Virtex CLB

Hi all,

I've been going over the structure of the Virtex CLBs and something has me a little confused. The LUTs/function generators appear to have no clock, so I assume they act a normal logic gates. That is, inputs F/G are "processed" immediately and glitches are possible as with any array of logic gates.

If there is no clock, why are there setup and hold time specifications (relative to the clk) for the F and G inputs?? If there was to be a setup time for a slice I would have thought it would be defined with repsect to the output flip flop - something like

delay through LUT + setup of output FF

however flip flop and LUT setup times are listed seperately.

Any clarification will be much appreciated.

Klod

Reply to
Kload

I forgot to add that calculating

delay through LUT + setup of output FF

does not give the listed setup times for the F and G inputs.

Thanks

Kload wrote:

Reply to
Kload

Hello Kload,

maybe a look at the SRL16 feature of the LUT helps?

Christian

Reply to
Christian Haase