Virtex-4 DCM CLKFX jitter

The data sheet refers you to the Xilinx web site, but I can't find anything there for Virtex-4. Does the Virtex-II CLKFX jitter calculator also work for Virtex-4?

Thanks, Rob

Reply to
RobJ

Robj,

You can do that to get an estimate. It will be different, but not by that much.

I believe the FAEs have the latest jitter predictor, and I am pretty sure that it is built into the latest software release as well.

One of the concerns we have had is since the DCM is digital, why would the jitter ever be different from one technology to the next?

But, the delay lines are different each time, and the control system gets more sophisticated as we improve the features of the DCM, so the jitter is slightly different.

Aust> The data sheet refers you to the Xilinx web site, but I can't find anything

Reply to
Austin Lesea

You can use the DCM architecture wizard to calculate the CLKFX jitter. The number in ps is correct and ignore the number in UI.

HTH, Jim ( snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com remove capital letters)

anything

for

Reply to