Virtex-3 PRO

I heard rumours XILINX will announce Virtex-3 later this year, but a VIRTEX-3 PRO is not planned. Will FPGAs with integrated Processors share the destiny of the X6200 series ?

Reply to
Manfred Kraus

Peter Alfke

If you want an idea of what it might have go search the patent office.....

Steve

series

Reply to
Steve Casselman

They should skip Virtex-3 and go straight to Virtex-4, which would allow them to align the Spartan and Virtex numbers.

Allan.

Reply to
Allan Herriman

The local Xilinx guys told me that they are donig exactly that, calling the next family Virtex4 instead of 3 so that it will match the Spartan numbers.

Reply to
B. Joshua Rosen