verilog code

hi,

i want verilog code for RS232

Reply to
koradaprudvi

(RS232T.v and RS232R.v)

Reply to
cfbsoftware

Both the question and the answer are mis-using the term RS232. RS232 is only an electrical interface standard defining the voltages used for a standard modem interface. What the Verilog code does, and I presume what the OP asked for is called a UART. To have communication over RS232 you typically need both a UART (or USART) and an electrical interface (drivers and receivers or transceivers) to convert the LVCMOS signals to RS232 levels.

--
Gabor
Reply to

I did a quick search on Opencores, and found dozens.

A basic UART with a fixed data rate is so easy that even I can make one. Making one that gives you configureable this and that via registers is harder, but straightforward.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

I'm looking for work -- see my website!
Reply to
Tim Wescott

Lol, even *you*?

--

Rick C
Reply to

Even me. One of the two times I've done HDL for money I had a UART in there sending decoded information to a computer.

(I was reading call progress information off of someone's PBX -- that's all I can remember, though).

--
www.wescottdesign.com
Reply to