V2PRO30 Check

Group,

Can somebody check my understanding on the V2PRO30? I currently have some LVTTL single ended signals that are currently sharing a bank with some LVDS inputs. The way I understand the data sheet is that I can run my bank voltage at 3.3V as long as I don't need the on-chip terminating resistors. Is this correct? What happens if I turn on the on-chip terminating resistors with a bank voltage of 3.3V? I'm assuming that the resistance value will then be in question.

Thank you, Rob

Reply to
Rob

some

LVDS

Yes.

I think the software will stop you doing this. From previous discussions with Austin, I believe this is because the termination will be out of spec. Dunno why, it seems daft to me. I would've thought that bit would be powered by Vccaux, but I guess not. Cheers, Syms.

Reply to
Symon

No, it will not. You will not even get a warning message, at least not unless you turn on (even) more verbose reports.

But Jim Wu's excellent "ADEPT"-Tool (see

will at least tell you you shouldn't be doing this.

And yes, the termination value will be in question. Noone at Xilinx can tell you what that value might be; they haven't charcterized it, since they don't recommend using it in this way.

cu, Sean

Reply to
Sean Durkin