thread programming support in EDK?

hi all

I am starting practicing the multi-thread programming and a simple example is working in desktop linux machine. After trying in same example in EDK with microblaze (standalone), the error message is

--
TestApp/src/TestApp.c : in function 'main':
TestApp/src/TestApp.c : 12 'pthread_t' undeclared

No.

You will have to port pthreads to microblaze. I'm not sure pthreads is really the most approriate threading library for MB though.

Cheers, Jon

Reply to
Jon Beniston

hi Jon

Can you kindly tell me how we can port pthread to emulate threading-like programming then......with what step? Could you inform me what is an appropriate threading library ?

Thx for reply

Reply to
Elinore

pthreads work under uClinux on microblaze. The pthreads demo apps compile and run in a reasonably sane manner, though I've never tested any significant larges apps with it.

John

Reply to
John Williams

Thankyou Jon and John for reply

I have another question. In case we have SMP implementation of the dual microblazes and we have no OS, the problem is application writing methodology. I have no idea --: If you have experience on programming on SMP in fpga, how did you manage that?

Reply to
Jack