Two microblaze in EDK

Hello! I'm trying on connecting two microblaze processors in EDK but I'm having problems. I used microblaze_bread_datafsl and microblaze_bwrite_datafsl macros to communicate them. The processors are working, they show a message on the terminal, but when they call the macros, they stop working. Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Does anyone have an example of two microblazes communicating?

Thank you!

Melissa

Reply to
mvetromille

Have you simulated the design? A full system simulation will not take more than a minute or two to execute.

Another option is to use Chipscope to monitor the FSL signals between the two Microblazes and to ensure they are behaving as you and the protocol specification expects.

Paul

mvetromille wrote:

Reply to
Paul Hartke

Hi!

Not talking about your problems, but mine ;) I also have two microblazes which should use a shared OPB. I just defined both as masters for this bus, but route&place fails (it works when one of the two microblazes is not connected to the OPB)

Is the Spartan3-StarterKit too small for this or did I forget something?

--
mail: adi@thur.de  	http://adi.thur.de	PGP: v2-key via keyserver

Sein oder Design
Reply to
Adrian Knoth

Since you didn't list the errors, it is hard to tell.

However, if you didn't connect both Microblazes to the opb then its entirely possible one was optimized out since it had no connected outputs. My sense is two Microblazes in the S3 Starter Kit will be a real tight squeeze.

Paul

Adrian Knoth wrote:

Reply to
Paul Hartke

Concerning (with service packs) there isn't enough space to place everything.

--
mail: adi@thur.de  	http://adi.thur.de	PGP: v2-key via keyserver

Du sollst am Tag nicht vor dem Abend toben
Reply to
Adrian Knoth