The real performance leader: V4

See:

Austin

Reply to
Austin Lesea

Hi Austin, I am a mainly X based consultant and I'd like to say that this is getting ridiculous. Why don't you leave the PRs at PRNEWS and keep the relatively high SNR of this group where it's at ? The technical tit for tat between you and Paul@A is nice but just copying the PRs here is not necessary IMO.

the

Since love is one step from hate (or that is what they say), I vote for ourselves to set up a fund to buy them one of those Love Cruise tours to the Caribbean. At least we will have peace for around two weeks here, and I bet they will have set all their differences down one way or another when they come back :D

Just an idea... Maybe somebody has a better one ;)

PabloBleyerKocik /"Ashes to ashes, funk to funky, we know Major Tom's a junky pbleyer / strung out on heaven's high, hitting an all time low." @embedded.cl / -- Ashes to ashes, David Bowie

Reply to
Pablo Bleyer Kocik

"mk" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

ACK.

Regards Falk

Reply to
Falk Brunner

It seem that xilinx's guy doesn't like altera' guy During my internship in an huge french Defence electronic firm (for not telling the name but there is not a lot), I participated at a conf. on FPGA during which engineer from different project talk about their way of desing and things like that. And there were 2 guy (definitively pro Xilinx) that was always nearly insulting others engineers that use Altera for their project saying that Altera's device were not real FPGA... I was a little bit astonished by this attitude because I was thinking that engineer were open minded people and I discover that not.

And as conclusion in the fight, I will just add my personnal (and little) experience from experienced a FAE from Xilinx and another from ALTERA well Altera listen to you , when you report a bug he don't forward you to the online website (that is forbidden for student like me : so student couldn't detect a bug ??) so my experience is more friendly with Altera than Xilinx (even if I use Spartan3 board)

Regards Alexis

"Pablo Bleyer Kocik" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
KCL

MK,

Well, Altera's claim of 39% performance speed gain is bogus.

And they continue to make it (it is in all their ads).

We feel compelled to set the record straight.

Wouldn't you defend your performance if you can show it is better?

Should we be quiet and not say anything?

I thought I was being very polite, and posting a link to a technical presentation. You can ignore it if you like. There were no comments (other than the title).

Austin

Reply to
Austin Lesea

Austin,

The PR says the speed files have been released, but they are nowhere to be found on Xilinx's website.

Do you have a URL for 6.3i speed files, or does this PR refer to ISE

7.1i?

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Brown

MK,

I am a big advocate of keeping marketing and PRs out of the news group. But I must admit, that the way Austin did it, is the way I would like for all non technical items to be posted here: short link.

It is obvious from the link that it is a PR NEWS article, and you can skip it if it does not interest you.

I think we are wasting more bandwidth by having this non technical "complain" thread than Austins original post.

Keep it up Austin !

Best Regards, rudi ============================================================= Rudolf Usselmann, ASICS World Services,

Your Partner for IP Cores, Design, Verification and Synthesis

Reply to
Rudolf Usselmann

Kevin,

I refers to 6.3i speed files, but our own FAEs also noted that the files are either hidden, or missing.

OK, so I read the PR and believed it was true immediately. Sorry. I am sure they will post the new speeds files today or tomorrow, however.

I saw them, and saw the review, so I know they are there. I also know they are a requirement (must have).

Aust> Austin,

Reply to
Austin Lesea

It would be nice to have something closer to the "original" source by linking to the news at Xilinx.com. Why go to Yahoo? To add credibility? It's a news release!

Reply to
John_H

John_H,

That is where I found it.