TI to Acquire Chipcon

We're prototyping using Chipcon's ZigBee module and a TI microcontroller. So this looks like a natural to us. Anybody else see impact?

TI to Acquire Chipcon Wednesday December 21, 8:15 am ET

TI Expands High-Performance Analog Portfolio with Acquisition of Chipcon, a Leading Supplier of RF Transceiver and System-on-Chip Devices

--
Pat
Reply to

Seems like a good acquisiton. Maybe they'll make radio chips with an integrated MSP430 in place of the 8051 core Chipcon's been using.

Reply to
Eric Smith

That was my reaction/guess, bind up a MSP430 with the ChipCon 2420 RF module and have a very nice ZigBee device.

--
Pat
Reply to