Re: Q: CPLD input mux structure

> Hello,

>> How are typical CPLD input muxen build up? > > (For other posters, a CPLD is a "complex programmable logic device". It > is a bit like a simple FPGA - there is no fixed dividing line between > them, but CPLD's tend to be built from a fairly small number of fairly > complex "macrocells" containing a flip-flop and a set of AND/OR trees > for logic operations, while FPGA's tend to have a large number of much > simpler cells and use lookup tables for logic.) > >> >> I was looking at the ATMEL .jed files and >> their input muxen seem to be a series of sparse, one- >> hot encoded bitfields with fewer bits >> than inputs in total. So now I am wondering: >> How are they distributed? >> Just the name of the permutation problem might help, or >> some other relevant search terms. >> > > You are unlikely to be able to make sense of the programming file for > even the simplest of PLD. It is not information that is published by > the manufacturers, making it almost impossible to figure out which bits > are used for the routing, the AND/OR tables, and other features. But it

Their .jed files have comments... In this case I know which is which. guessing the and-matrix assignment is trivial(done from the input equations). The meaning of the MC fuses can be found by trial&error, I believe. the mux feeding those input lines is different... there's 40 lines coming into the and array from the outside(80 counting both inv and noninv ones). +16 local loopbacks(not muxed)... but the widths of the 40 muxes are not sufficiently large to do arbitrary selections from the inputs. as far as I can tell from their docs and .jed their devices have dev: 1502 1504 1508 input lines: 68 132 260 mux width: 5 8 27 (40 muxes in their input switch) [...]

Reply to
Johann Klammer