question about creating RPM

Hi,

I have question about creating RPM and need help from xilinx expert.

From the xilinx application note, I should be able to output .ucf and

.ngc (which contains the constraint information) from floorplaner after PAR. When I did that, the tool only outputs the .ucf file. One dos windows pops up and disappear immediately. And an error message window pops up saying "ngc builder did not run successfully". I do not have any other information in order to debug...

I then tried another approach. After PAR, I use floorplaner to output .ucf file only. Then rename the .ucf file to .xcf file. Then I go back to XST, try to synthesize using this xcf file. The problem I have is that translation/mapping seems to create some new instance name which can not be found in rtl. The XST fails due to some instance in xcf file can not be found in the design.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem or to generation more information for debug?

Thank you very much.

Jason

Reply to
shihhsin.hu

After try and error, below is the way I create the RPM:

(1) XST: in xilinx specific options, uncheck "Add I/O Buffers" (2) XST -> translate (3) Map: in map properties, uncheck "trim unconnected signals" (4) Map->PAR (5) Open floorplaner, floorplan-replace all with placement file-write RPM to UCF It will generate .ucf file (6) Run ngcbuild, it needs to be run at command line: ngcbuild -uc .ucf .ngc

The generated ngc file contains all the RPM information.

Reply to
Jason Hu