Old versions of quartus

Intel have discontinued old versions or Quartus II.

For my project, I really really need Quartus II 12.0.

Does anyone know of a mirror or a way to obtain old versions? You cannot download from the site anymore.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Adams

What about asking an FAE? That's usually how I've got old FPGA software although it hasn't come up for me in since the early noughties. Big part of that was, I've worked with Altera devices a lot and they used to be good about this sort of thing. Still, I haven't really worked with anything older than a Cyclone II recently (meaning last decade) and looks like that's still supported.

Reply to
Anssi Saari

Do you know how to find contact to Intel fpga FAE ? Not being part of premier intel program of course. I have tried through Mouser and Avnet. Failed completely.

If you find out , please share.

Adam

Reply to
Adam Górski

Should be Arrow instead Avnet. My mistake.

Adam

Reply to
Adam Górski

Argh, that's annoying. I probably should have cached some copies :-(

We do have random old versions lying around on CD, but I've been disposing of those since they were all online.

A problem with using old versions is they typically need a licence key: Altera previously offered free keys for old versions, but I'm not sure if that's gone too.

Try this:

which is the best URL the Wayback Machine can offer me:
*/
*

The download URLs are typically fairly predictable, although they change the formatting periodically. My quartus-install tool:

goes back to 13.0sp1 - if I can find out the URLs for older versions I'll add them (pull requests also welcome). It doesn't currently make much effort for the Windows versions since we don't have a need for those, but no reason why that couldn't be added.

Theo

Reply to
Theo

Have you tried Intel directly? They have product forums:

Fletto i muscoli e sono nel vuoto.
Reply to
dalai lamah