NON-CLK pins failed to route using a CLK template

I am designing a frame grabber .The frame input is expeted at a very slow rate of 10mbps. I have 4 state machine strutures running at plb clock rate of 80mhz. I am not able to synchronize the capture of the packets properly. I am using a triemac ip from xilinx. The triemac works fine and does take in all the packets. However I get problem in the state machine part. The out put of state machines doesnt give proper results. When I run xps I get following warnings :

1) wwww may have excessive skew because 73 NON-CLK pins failed to route using a CLK template

2) xxxx may have excessive skew because 3 CLK pins failed to route using a CLK template.

3) yyyy may have excessive skew because 10 CLK pins and 6 NON_CLK pins failed to route using a CLK template. wwww is a 2.5mhz clock signal( triemac ) dervied from 25mhz onboard clock by using a simple counter.This is the rate at which input is coming in. The signals xxxx and yyyy are asynchronous signals which are gating the state machines.These signals are running at far lower rate . Should I use bufg or FDDRs to route these signals to statemachines ?

-D

Reply to
dhruvakshad

Peter Alfke

These are bogus messages (see

No, you should use flipflops (FD) to get these signals into the same clock domain as the statemachine. Any asynchronous signal must be buffered by 1 and only 1 flipflop to get your circuit to work reliably.

--
Reply to nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)
Nico Coesel

Thank you very much for the tip. I realised my mistake. It works fine now.

-D

Reply to
dhruvakshad

I have one more question. If I have two state machines with following signals gating their states

P Thank you very much for the tip. I realised my mistake. It works fine

Reply to
dhruvakshad

Hi,

If these state mach> P

that is same with:

and use B on all instance of P. (another thing: Synthesizer can recognise this equivalence, or - if needed- inserting a buffer).

Best regards

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to
Jozsef