MIL Qualified RTOS for PowerPc 405

Hallo, which RTOS have been MIL-Qualified to run on PowerPc 405 (in Virtex-4 FX)?

Many Thanks Marco Toschi

Reply to
Marco T.

Marco,

I'm afraid that I have no idea what the answer is, but I'm curious. What makes an RTOS mil-qualified? Do you know which Mil Specs apply here?

Stephen

Marco T. wrote:

Reply to
Stephen Craven

In example RTCA DO-178B standard (Level A).

Marco

Reply to
Marco T.

Take a llok at uCOS-II, at

This RTOS is certifiable for (or so they say):

RTCA DO-178B EUROCAE ED-12B FDA-510(k) IEC-61058

I suppose one of them should fit your needs.

Best regards,

zara

Reply to
Zara

Marco T. wrote: (top posting fixed)

DO-178B isn't a MIL standard (I used to know the applicable MIL-STD-XXXX, thank goodness I've forgotten!). The other answer about Micro-C/OS-II is correct. There are also commercial OS's that are qualified, but I don't know which ones, or if any of them go to Level A.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

Tim Wescott

There are many different qualifications that apply to "Mil" systems. For example: airworthiness, safety-critical, nuclear certified, and multi-level secure, etc. Each of the branches in the US have their own certifying organizations. Can't speak for Italian military.

However, it is safe to say that many military systems use VxWorks, RTEMS, Integrity, Lynx-OS, and even several flavors of real time Linux. I'm sure there are others that are just as good that are not mentioned, but these are a good place to start. Also, there are still a number of systems that are developed without a commercial RTOS, but use a simple cyclic exec or just an Ada Runtime on a 'bare target'.

Good luck.

Reply to
bh