Jumps in Reading out

Hello,

How to explain the difference of the following two cases? I thought that case one should be better, but the readout data sometimes have big jumps. It seems that case two can work better in my tests. Thanks!

CASE ONE:

-- Read out data in FPGA to PC read_proc:process(clk) begin

if clk='1' and clk'event then if read_EN = '1' then case read_address is when xxx => read_port

Reply to
Brian