JTAG recognise xcv50e instead of xc2s50e

I use a Spartan2E xc2s50e, but when I configure it using Parallel Cable IV JTAG, it is recognised as a VirtexE xcv50e!!!

Obviously my .bit file is configured as xc2s50e and there is no problem when I configure the flash xcf01s. When I try to configure directly the fpga it gives me a warning, but works fine.

The problem is when I try to use Chipscope pro: COMMAND: configure 1 "C:\Lavori\menfis\ACQ3000\FPGA\acq3000.bit" 0 ERROR: Configuration Failed:

Done Pin is low INFO: Found 0 Core Units in the JTAG device Chain.

I think the problem is that it recognise an xcv50e, while .bit file is configured for xc2s50e.

How can I make it recognise correctly my spartan2e?

thanks

--
Mastupristi?
Reply to

Mastupristi a écrit:

I'm having the same problem with an XC3S. I've worked around it by configuring the device with Impact and then using ChipScope.

I noticed this a few years ago when I used XC2S parts. It puzzled me at first but since it worked I didn't mind. That is absolutely NOT a problem.

--
  ____  _  __  ___
|  _  \_)/ _|/ _ \   Adresse de retour invalide: retirez le -
|_| |_|_|\__|\___/
Reply to
Nicolas Matringe

I believe some early Spartan-2e chips came up as Virtex-E. I think they came off the same line and/or mask set for first deliveries.

John Adair Enterpoint Ltd. - Home of Broaddown2. The Ultimate Spartan3 Development Board.

when

Reply to
John Adair

Check the Xilinx support page:

Here's a link to one of the answers:

The short answer is that VirtexE and SpartanIIE devices share the same IDCODE. I ran into this problem also, but once I found out it was okay that the two devices had the same IDCODE I just ignored the warning messages. Everything worked fine.

H> I use a Spartan2E xc2s50e, but when I configure it using Parallel

Cable IV

problem when

fpga it

is