chipscope and V2P problems

I'm working with avnet v2p dev board trying to communicate with the device via the pci bus right now i want to see if any of the signals i'm sending over the bus is recieved by the device. This means using chipscope.. i think.

I can add a chipscope core to the design and synthesize and generate a bit file, then configure the v2p I monitor the signal TRGT_IRQ to see if the device is seeing it when i write it to the pci BUS. I use an internal DCM to generate a 50 mhz internal clock now when i try to use chipscope to connect and monitor the board the program sits and waits with no response from the jtag chain. (however i can fire up impact and configure various devices via the jtag chain, so i know the jtag cable is functioning) is there some board setting that needs to be changed? do i need to assigned specific I/O pins to the top level design for the jtag chain to work?

thanks for your help.

--
Geoffrey Wall
Masters Student in Electrical/Computer Engineering

ECE Machine Intelligence Lab
http://www.eng.fsu.edu/mil
MIL Office Phone:
850.410.6145

Center for Applied Vision and Imaging Science
http://cavis.fsu.edu/
CAVIS Office Phone:
850.645.2257
Reply to
geoffrey wall

In my opinion that sounds like a trigger assignment problem Do you have a clue if your DCM works fine etc. Try to trigger your chipscope process with the clock signal you inpu into your DCM and then watch the DCM output. At least you should get some response.

I hope I didn't missunderstand your problem

Reply to
Gardovan