xilinx v5 configeration problem

When i use chipscope 9.2 to configerate bit file, sometimes will occour warning like this "WARNING - Device 0: ICON Core version v15.15 is not supported", and the configeration failed. When this happen, I rerun the some project, then configeration is successed. Please tell me why this happen, thanks!

Reply to
mynewlifever

XILINX version is not compatible when compared to lower versions. Which version you have used to generate bit file. Is it with ISE 9.2 and you should use Chipscope of same version ie 9.1i and upto 8.2i. (you can use) First confirm which version for chipscope and ISE ur using for debugging.

Reply to
bunty

I don't think that this a version problem (BTW, ChipScope Analyzer will support older revision cores for backward compatibility). I do think that this is one of two possible timing problems. The problem description is vague so I don't know which of these is the more likely cause.

1) If "rerun the some project, then configeration is successed" means that the board was powered on, ChipScope was started, the bitstream was downloaded, the error message appeared, the bitstream was downloaded again and ChipScope found and recognized the core, then the problem is likely a system level state timing issue.

Possible Causes:

- There are other devices or a system level control that holds DONE low for some amount of time after the configuration is complete. This keeps the device inactive and when the ChipScope SW scans the chain it doesn't get back valid data.

o If you close the JTAG cable and open the JTAG cable again and the core is present this is the most likely cause.

- There is something else in the system that is accessing the configuration logic and preventing correction operation of the JTAG controller and internal logic. This could be caused by something accessing the internal ICAP port or external configuration reloading a bitstream

o If you download the bitstream again without power cycling or closing/opening the cable then this is the most likely cause. Setting the USERID field to different values is a useful debug tool for ensure that the correct bitstream has been loaded.

2) If "rerun the some project, then configeration is successed" means you went back to the start and reimplemented the design from the synthesis through ISE and it worked this time.

Possible Cause:

- Timing problem on the internal JTAG clock distribution for the ChipScope core clocking.

o Select the option to use a BUFG on this net during the ICON core generation for reduced clock skew.

Ed McGettigan

-- Xilinx Inc.

Reply to
Ed McGettigan

I recently came across the same problem when trying to use ChipScope on an older product using VirtexE devices while using the 9.1i Xilinx tools version.

It worked without the warning when I went back to the older 6.3i version of the Xilinx tools.

Reply to
richard_hein