ISE WebPack 8.2

Does anyone know if the 8.2 version of the ISE WebPack will support a wider range of devices or not? I'm particularly interested in the V II Pro range.

TIA,

Rog.

Reply to
Roger

Did you actually look at the Xilinx web site? This page will answer your question:

AFAICT, WebPack 8.2 doesn't add any devices, not even a single Virtex

  1. Virtex II Pro is pretty old. I wouldn't expect anything new happening with that at any point (short of End Of Life).

Tommy

Roger wrote:

Reply to
Tommy Thorn

Tommy,

Thanks for your comments. As the version 8.2 is shown as "coming soon" on the web site, the documentation is therefore not necessarily up to date (that might also be "coming soon"), hence my question. In fact the page I found was still 8.1

Quite reasonable I thought.

Rog.

Reply to
Roger

There is some 8.2i marketing splurge here :

Usual fluffy claims : "Up to 30% faster than our previous software offering" and "delivering on average 30% faster performance than our previous release of software."

seems they confuse "Up to" and "average", and afetr reading this, I have no idea if the COMPILE times average/up to 30% faster, or the device operation itself is suddenly now 30% faster ( average/up to ?)

[Austin/Peter, doesn't anyone numerate actually proof-read this press release fluff ? ]

Back to Roger's question: Older devices are unlikely to 'move' much on the support list, but I would be surprised if the Webpack (when released) did not support at least the smallest V5 - it is in Xilinx's interest to get design starts on their new devices asap.

-jg

Reply to
Jim Granville

I had an email yesterday from Xilinx saying it was "Shipping Now"

Reply to
Mike Harrison

It said: ISE shipping, no word of Webpack...

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Uwe Bonnes