Installing ISE 8.1i - don't use a space in the install path

Hi, Forewarning to those who have yet to install 8.1i and who use core generator. Hard to believe I know, but don't use a space in your 8.1i install path otherwise you _may_ have problems running core generator. (I certainly did.).

Here is the relevant answer record, scroll down to solution 2.

"Solution 2: In the ISE 8.1i design tools, this error message might occur if there is a space in the Xilinx install path"

Regards Andrew

Reply to
Andrew FPGA

I don't know if 8.x still does it, but in previous versions when trying to load projects with spaces in the path name, it would actually give you an error mesage telling you that it did not support spaces. IIRC, Windows has had long path name support for about 11 years.

Reply to
Marc Guardiani