Xilinx ISE Warning: FF/Latch <> is unconnected in block <>

Hi there,

I created a CPLD design which works perfect in simulation, but does not work in hardware. There are many warnings from the Xilinx ISE looking like

WARNING:Xst:1291 - FF/Latch is unconnected in block .

or

WARNING:Xst:1710 - FF/Latch (without init value) is constant in block .

These come up only in the Low Level Synthesis processing step. There is one relevant solution record on the Xilinx website (see

with the following suggestion:

> When this warning occurs, a register or latch in your design has been

created, but the output is never connected or the signals or logic it drives have been trimmed. Check the XST log for messages such as the following to find signals that have been trimmed out of the design:

"WARNING:Xst:646 - Signal is assigned but never used."

Reply to
Christian Gelinek

If working with ISE/Webpack 7.1, did you apply the the patch 21168?

1&getPagePath=21168

Best regards Klaus

Reply to
Klaus Falser

work

block

one

drives

Thanks for your advice, I installed the newest ISE (7.1), service pack 1 and the patch. Now these strange warnings are gone.

Best regards Christian

Reply to
Christian Gelinek