impact / encrypted bitstream

Hi ,

i tried yesterday to configure my fpga with an encrypted bitstream . Using Impact 10.1 i didn't unerstand the way to do it , i mean how can i enter the key & bit files ? i couldn't find the option . what i did is to load the key file first inside fpga then the bit file , i v had the warning : Impact can not find the instruction ISC_Prog ...

thank you .

Reply to
dajjou

Im using : - Xilinx Platform cable USB II - OS : Linux - HW : Virtex 5 LX 30

- ISE 10.1

Reply to
dajjou

This was a problem in ISE 9.2.x. It was in the answer records on how to fix it. Here's the link:

It stated that it was supposed to be fixed in 10.1.

I ran into the same problem under 9.2.4. I followed the instructions and manually updated my BSDL files and then my part programmed "fine".

Reply to
morphiend

Morphiend , Thank you ! But unfortunately this solution doesn't fix my problem definitly , in fact i v got a new warning :

" Match_cycle = 0. done. '2': Reading status register contents... CRC error :

0 Decryptor security set : 1 DCM locked : 1 DCI matched : 1 End of startup signal from Startup block : 0 status of GTS_CFG_B : 0 status of GWE : 0 status of GHIGH : 0 value of MODE pin M0 : 0 value of MODE pin M1 : 0 Value of MODE pin M2 : 0 Internal signal indicates when housecleaning is completed: 1 Value driver in from INIT pad : 0 Internal signal indicates that chip is configured : 0 Value of DONE pin : 0 Indicates when ID value written does not match chip ID: 0 Decryptor error Signal : 1 System Monitor Over-Temperature Alarm : 0 startup_state[18] CFG startup state machine : 0 startup_state[19] CFG startup state machine : 0 startup_state[20] CFG startup state machine : 0 E-fuse program voltage available : 0 SPI Flash Type[22] Select : 1 SPI Flash Type[23] Select : 1 SPI Flash Type[24] Select : 1 CFG bus width auto detection result : 0 CFG bus width auto detection result : 0 Reserved : 0 BPI address wrap around error : 0 IPROG pulsed : 0 read back crc error : 0 Indicates that efuse logic is busy : 0 INFO:iMPACT:2218 - Error shows in the status register, release done bit is NOT 1. INFO:iMPACT:2219 - Status register values: INFO:iMPACT - 0111 0000 0001 0000 1000 0011 1000 0000 INFO:iMPACT:579 - '2': Completed downloading bit file to device. Match_cycle = 0. INFO:iMPACT - '2': Checking done pin....done. '2': Programming terminated. DONE did not go high. PROGRESS_END - End Operation. Elapsed time = 27 sec. "

Thanks for the answer though. Dajjou

Reply to
dajjou

Hi ,

Everything works fine when i implement the unencrypted design , so what's the problem with the crypted one ?!

Reply to
dajjou