Load V4 bitstream encryption key with XSVF

Hi.

I want to load the bitstream encryption key on a V4FX board.

Using IMPACT and a Xilinx download cable, I can successfully load it (together with a design file).

However, my board doesn't normally expose the JTAG pins to connect a Xilinx cable. Instead, it uses a proprietary interface. I can play XSVF files over this interface to program the bitstream.

To create the XSVF I repeat the same steps that work with a Xilinx cable, recording to XSVF. However, playing this file on my board doesn't load the keys. Analysis of the XSVF suggests that IMPACT (ISE

8.1 SP3) forgets to include the JTAG commands for the key for some reason.

At least, when recording to an ASCII SVF file, I can't locate the key anywhere.

As alternative approach to the problem, I browsed the V4FX documentation for instructions on how to create a key loader program myself. Unfortunately the only hint I found is that ISC_PROGRAM can be (somehow) used to enter a so-called "key-access mode", without giving further details on the matter.

I appreciate any information on that matter. Even just a sample (X)SVF containing the instructions for a key load would be of help to me.

Thanks, Marc

Reply to
jetmarc

jetmarc

Just to let you know, the problem is solved now.

There were two issues with IMPACT:

a) When IMPACT didn't prompt for the .NKY file during the program operation (for example because it was already set from a previous program), it also didn't include the the key load sequence - despite the checkbox marked.

b) Once the load sequence makes it to the XSVF, it contains readback commands with TDO compare (fails). Replacing the compare mask with zeroes fixes this and the XSVF works.

I hope this helps others with the same problem in the future.

Regards, Marc

Reply to
jetmarc