How to use the test bench wave form simulator?

Hello, can anyone explain to me how to use the test bench waveform simulator. I am receiving a clock and another signal and some yellow spikes on the screen. Reg.

Reply to
<boled>

Have you bothered to look at the documentation for the simulator?

Mike

Reply to
Mike Lewis

you'd get a lot more help if you told us what simulator you're using.

-a

Reply to
Andy Peters

OK, here is a simpler question. I am viewing qst.pdf help file. In this document there is Figure 8 Test Bench Waveform. Down below there is Figure 11 Test Bench Waveform with Results. How do I get from Figure 8 to Figure 11 ? My screen shows all these yellow spikes of the simulation, but all the signals are unchanging, i.e. I do not see any counting going on?

Reply to
<boled>

Hi,

You will not see these yellow boxes any more in ISE 9.1i. The flow has changed from 8.xi where the generated expected results is completely changed. Now it is called generate self checking test bench and the flow has improved significantly. If you are using 9.1i, please use the QST for the 9.1i as well

Thanks Duth

Reply to
Duth