VHDL Test Bench + Help

Hello all I need some introductory help with writing test bench cases for my VHDL code. I have written a lot of VHDL code, however I have always tested this using waveform simulation and then finally testing it on the product. I wish to go one step further by learning how to write test cases.

Can someone give me a starting point to this pls? Is there a website that explains how to write test bench code? I am using Altera FPGAs and thus using Quartus II to write my VHDL code at present.

Pls advice.

Thank you

Reply to
SneakerNet

A great vhdl online reference

fpga kid

HI,

If you have not wrriten any test bench yet .... then Start writing it for combinaitonal logic first ... ( Like nand gate, mux, decoder, Priority Encoder)... Then go for sequential logic ( Like Simple Fsm s for sequence detector and so on )..

You need a good guide or a good book to start with. Here are few web site where you can find some good stuff..

Regards, Mohammed A Khader.

Reply to
Mohammed khader