Help configuring XUP PPC for Ethernet

Hi everyone,

We are a group of Computer Science students working on a project on the XUP board's PowerPC processor core to run an image processing algorithm and communicate back and forth with a PC across an Ethernet connection. We are having a bit of trouble configuring the board to be able to run our code or any example code properly. We would really appreciate any help since we are nowhere near experienced with the hardware configuration and terminology.

Here's the current system we're trying to work on:

- XUP V2Pro board fitted with 512 DDR Ram

- EDK 9.1i and ISE 9.1i

So far we have found out that we would need to use the light weight IP (lwIP) library in Socket API mode, but we are totally lost in terms of how to configure the project in EDK properly to allow such thing. Should we use the "standalone" OS or "xilkernel"? And how do we configure the linker script for the software project so that we can utilize the 512MB RAM correctly?

We would really Really appreciate it if anyone can provide step-by- step information on how to configure the project, starting from the BSB wizard and until the project is ready to build successfully. We have tried following several tutorials and whitepapers from Xilinx and otherwise, but most of them either work for a different EDK version or a different development board, so the configuration doesn't apply and it ends up not working.

Thank you in advance for any help!

Best Regards, Islam Ossama

Reply to
Islam Ossama

If you want sockets, you need to use xilkernel. If you can use the RAW API, then use the standalone BSP.

Create a BSB design for the project and take a look at the linker script used for TestApp_Peripheral.

-Siva

Reply to
Siva Velusamy