xup virtex2 pro

Hello, > I am using xup virtex2 pro with xc2vp30 fpga and I am trying to send data > between two boards. > I do not want to use the example (xupv2p_aurora.zip), I want to create it. > using aurora software, I generated the aurora core and at the command page I > used xilperl to create the .ise file, then I used project navigator to run the > project. > Using chipscope, I synthesized and inserted ila.cdc file into the design. > One of my problems is when I try to modify my connections in chipscope > inserter I don't know what I'm doing, I am a beginner in this. Another problem > is the data, I don't know how to deal with it, in other words I don't know how > and where to insert it into the design ( I am not very good in vhdl or > verilog). And the last problem is that I am using one board right now to loop > my data out and in the board, now when I use two boards how do I deal with > this and what file should I make changes to? > I really appreciate your help >

Reply to
nana

Hello, Here is a process,that decribes how to create the .cdc file for chipscope debugging.After you add and open the new .cdc file to the ise project,it opens the chipscope core inserter window.In that go to second stage window,you will 3 tabs.

1.Trigger parameters.2.Capture parameters.3.Net connections.

1.In the trigger parameters window you can take the signals,that you want to trigger with i.e at which stage you want to observe the data.Trigger width specifies the maximum number of trigger signals.

2.In the capture parameters window you will find all the setting for capturing.Default the option "Data same as trigger" is checked.So you can uncheck this field if you want to observe more data than what you give for trigger.If you uncheck this you will find "Data width" field which selects the number of signals that you observe.Next "Data depth" field specifies the number of clock cycles or samples that you want to capture the data.Then select the clock edge rising or fallling.

3.In the net connections window,you can make signal connections to the ports that you want to observe.In this window,you will find three ports(CLOCK,TRIGGER,DATA)in red color initially,when nothing is connected to the ports.If you want to make make signal connections to the ports,click modify connections button,then you will get new window showing three tabs(Trigger signals,Clock signals,Data signals) in the right side of the window.In the left side you will see all the design signals.Select the signal what you want to connect and CH number and click make connections,it will get connected automatically.After connecting all the signals click ok and click return to project navugator by saving it.Here all the channels should be connected.

You can also change the previous parameters by go> Hello,

Reply to
kollarameshk