FPGA LABVIEW programming

Hello, National instruments has introduced new module in their labview 8 for programming the xilinx FPGA chips. It converts the labview programs into VHDL . It can borrow image processing libraries from the labview too. I was wondering that if somebody has used this module form labview

can give me details about it. Thanks Regards John

Reply to
john

please don't post in multiple newsgroup.

Marco

Reply to
Marco T.

Reply to
john

The correct way to do that is to cross-post. That way people who subscribe to all these groups don't have to read and re-read your question and get frustrated (like Marco no doubt just did).

Yeah, yeah, we all have rights. There's no need to shout... :)

Cheers,

-Ben-

Reply to
Ben Jones

please don't post in multiple newsgroup and relax yourself.

Marco

Reply to
Marco T.

Marco -

Why bother? What good do you do? Multiple newsgroups are required for this question, he simply didn't cross-post "properly." Who besides you cares?

I just hate to see someone steered away from any newsgroup because of bad experiences. Why try to use a newsgroup where people are condesending or hostile?

That's the last I'll comment in this thread. I just wish I could help with the original question.

- John_H

Reply to
John_H

I was at the Embedded Systems Conference in SanJose this year and I sat in on a 2 hour lecture on this. I initially thought the class was some kind of joke, but yes, they were actually using LabView to generate code for an FPGA. After sitting and watching a guy make a shift register I left the class with my inital impression of the class, its a joke.

I can look at a schematic and tell a circuit is a shift register, I can look at VHDL/Verilog code and see a shift register, but that mess of LabView crud they hade on the screen looked NOTHING like a shift register. I know this is pretty much version 1 of their FPGA software, but it will take much more work before it is ever usefull as a design tool.

I can't see how this will ever catch on for LabView...

Reply to
typhon62

Pretty damned good now I would say. One of a kind.

Reply to
gyansorova

That's been my impression of any "high-level" tool I've used, especially any graphical ones. They are possible in theory, but in practice they are generally terrible.

Reply to
Kevin Neilson

How wrong can you be!! It's a fantastic tool.

Reply to
gyansorova