example designs for Xilinx System Generator ?

Hello

As I'm a beginner with the Simulink tool, I'm very interrested in example designs for System Generator. Can anyone post a link or something ?

I want to design filters which should run on a fpga (Xilinx Spartan 2 Xc2s200). But there are questions that the manual doesn't answer... (like : how do I access data from the fpga board sram to put it to the filter)

Regards, Timo Dammes Circuits and System Lab University of Dortmund, Germany

Reply to
Timo Dammes

Hello Timo

When you install Sysgen there are many demos that are included in the install directory: %my_matlab_install%\toolbox\sysgen62\xilinx\sysgen\examples %my_matlab_install%\toolbox\sysgen62\xilinx\sysgen\examples\demos There are a number of different filters included in the examples.

If you are trying to read data from external sram (?) then you could use a memory controller to read data into the FPGA. If you are building a parallel filter then the data is usually applied directly to the filter after a couple pipeline stages for performance. If you are using a MAC structure then often you will want to use memory buffers to align your data with your coefficients.

Xilins offers a classes that cover these topics in detail:

The classes are available in Germany and other places in Europe.

Cheers, Elliot

Timo Dammes wrote:

Reply to
Elliot Schei

Hello Timo

When you install Sysgen there are many demos that are included in the install directory: %my_matlab_install%\toolbox\sysgen62\xilinx\sysgen\examples %my_matlab_install%\toolbox\sysgen62\xilinx\sysgen\examples\demos There are a number of different filters included in the examples.

If you are trying to read data from external sram (?) then you could use a memory controller to read data into the FPGA. If you are building a parallel filter then the data is usually applied directly to the filter after a couple pipeline stages for performance. If you are using a MAC structure then often you will want to use memory buffers to align your data with your coefficients.

Xilins offers a classes that cover these topics in detail:

The classes are available in Germany and other places in Europe.

Cheers, Elliot

Timo Dammes wrote:

Reply to
Elliot Schei