download ise foundation

could you tell me where i can download xilinx ise foundation (version unimportant)? i couldn't find anything in the web. on xilinx website i can only order foundation evaluation kit, but shipping and handling charges amount $20 and i'm a poor student ;)

thanks for any help

Norbert snipped-for-privacy@interia.pl

Reply to
Norbert

Norbert,

You can download the ISE WebPACK at:

The main difference between WebPACK and Foundation is that WebPACK does not include FPGA Editor, CoreGen and the larger devices.

Steve

Norbert wrote:

Reply to
Steve Lass

i know that. the problem is that i have to have core and system generator, because they are necessary to install matlab/simulink xilinx dsp toolbox. i have to make project on the university using this toolbox and i don't want to work there, but at home.

Reply to
Norbert

Norbert,

ISE Foundation is over 1G bytes and we do not have a way to download it yet. The Eval is free, but we do charge shipping, which is about $6 in the US and around $20 international.

If the school has the ISE CDs, maybe you could use those to install the eval (which is on the ISE Foundation CDs). If you have trouble with this, contact me directly to get an eval product ID. Another option would be to talk to a local FAE. They should have Eval CDs.

Steve

Norbert wrote:

Reply to
Steve Lass

the US and

CDs.

I'll find out on wednesday if my university have ISE Eval CDs.

I don't see anything unusal that somebody want to download 1gb. The various Linux distribution you can download from plenty of websites. they're over

1gb.

Norbert

Reply to
Norbert

I'll echo that. Just put the iso images you used to make the CDs up on a web/ftp server. Lots of people have CD burners.

1 GB is ~10 hours on a DSL line. Not great, but many people would find it better than waiting for the postman. Many people, companies, and universities have faster links. Even if your line isn't fast enough, you may be able to horse-trade with somebody else.
Hal Murray