Update to Xilinx ISE 9.2

Hi

Sorry, for putting this question here but I have heard that the Xilinx support is quite busy so perhaps someone can help me out here a little bit quicker ;). I am just wondering if there is an easy option to upgrade an older version, in our case ISE version 7.1 to the new release? It would first of all be interesting to know how much it would cost and how long it would take to get a copy, or is it perhaps possible to have access to the software distributions via FTP?

Thanks a lot!

Reply to
Harald

You can download a free version, the ISE WebPack, from the Xilinx website. The full version costs around US$2500, I believe. The free version is pretty good, though, but it doesn't support some of the newer and denser chips.

Reply to
Dave

Wow thats for free? Cool, well i have a quite old Virtex|| board to I assume that should be fine. Can this tool compete with the Synopsis and Cadence Design Compilers?

Cheers!

Reply to
Harald

Yes, WebPack is free. Well, not -exactly- free, you need to give Xilinx a valid email address, and let them try and sell you chips. :)

A couple of years ago, I benchmarked XST (Xilinx Synthesis Tool) against FPGA Express (the Synopsys tool they used to sell with ISE) and found that the differences were very small. At the time I found the Synopsys tool was better at inferring chip constructs (like ROM) than XST, but once I core-gen'd a couple of parts, XST made an equivalent chip.

G.

Reply to
ghelbig

Sounds good, I just have here a full version of 7.1 available. So everyone would recommend me to download the 9.2 webpackage version and install that instead of 7.1?

Cheers!

Reply to
Harald

Harald schrieb:

That depends if your device is supported by WebPack. Take a look at

Regards, Andreas

Reply to
Andreas Hofmann