Compiling a library

Hello, I am trying to simulate a VHDL code (using ISE 9) and I am getting the following error:

ERROR:Simulator:235 - Package XXX_pkg has not been compiled properly. Please recompile package XXX_pkg.

How can I compile a package?

Regards

Reply to
mans

Hi,

You should not need to recompile any pre-compiled libraries with ISE Simulator. This should only happen if some work library is out of sync with the latest compiler. Can you try a clean up project files and try again? Also ensure that the SP installations all went smoothly as that is when the pre-compiled libraries get installed.

Thanks Duth

Reply to
Duth

Did you add the file containing this package to your project ?

/MHS

Reply to
M. Hamed

Happens to me all the time with ISE8.2 Just clean out the project files, rebuild, and go get some more coffee. ISE seems to have trouble maintaining dependency information.

--
	mac the naïf
Reply to