Compilation error with Synplify attribute

I used the syn_preserve synplify attribute in my VHDL code as below.

attribute syn_preserve of sign1: signal is true;

Modelsim gives compilation error for this? Any help to rid of this would be appreciated.

Thanks, Muthu

Reply to
muthusnv

You are probably missing the declaration of the attribute.

attribute syn_preserve : boolean;

snipped-for-privacy@rediffmail.com wrote:

Reply to
Ken McElvain

Alternately, you could include the Synplicity library, which defines the attributes. But I typically do it the way Ken suggested.

JTW

Reply to
jtw