can use bram for VGA

hi.......... in sparton-2 ......for disply(VGA) controller ...i wann use bram...........can??????how????????

Reply to
fahadislam2002

"fahadislam2002" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:-tqdnXj1L7ewa2rfRVn snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com...

there is no sparton-2 to my knowledge. in spartan-2 you can use BRAM for any purpose, including VGA.

Antti

Reply to
Antti Lukats

fahadislam, it is about time you grew up and stopped using these insane punctutions. It would also help if you learned how to spell. Perhaps you might even learn to think, if that is not asking for too much.. This is not a childrens' playground. If you want to mix with adults, behave like an adult.

Peter Alfke

Reply to
Peter Alfke

"fahadislam2002 schrieb i

there is no sparton-2 to my knowledge. in spartan-2 you can use BRA for an purpose, including VGA

Antti[/quote:b747d214ff

sorry for miss spell :) ... I know we can use BRAM for any purpose ..

But i wanna ask is it possible tyo accomodate Bram for VGA as minimu resolution is 640*480 and minimum 8 colors needed ... so need 30720 pixel data to store and each pixel data of 3 bits ... while BRAM i of 32 kb ... can u guide if possible ... 8

Reply to
fahadislam2002

fahadislam

Hi .. Sorry for miss spell and any other fault if u felt on my sid .. 8) after that i will simply say that i feel we r engineers and so no here to pick sentex errors .... try to be logical .... 8) thats true that i m week in my spell ....... but i will no change my style of writing for any one... we r here to discuss idea .. so be clear and focus on concept instead of sentex ... 8) thats also true that ...i m new in that field ... so if u o seniour or on adult side ... be clear to proof ur concepts and to hel others... 8)

anyways thanks for responding ... as u r my seniour ... so again i

sorry if any fault done by me ... 8) ....... Waiting for ur logical response ....... 8

Reply to
fahadislam2002

Wow Peter, why don't you just come out and say what you think?

Thanks for giving me a chuckle this morning.

:-)

Paul.

Reply to
Paul Marciano

After you learn to spell, you could learn to do some simple arithmetic.

How much BRAM is available in your device? Call this "A."

How much memory is needed for your frame store? Call this "B."

If B > A, then you're hosed.

-a

Reply to
Andy Peters

fahadislam2002 wrote

.

minimu

30720

After you learn to spell, you could learn to do some simpl arithmetic

How much BRAM is available in your device? Call this "A.

How much memory is needed for your frame store? Call this "B.

If B > A, then you're hosed

-a[/quote:4de8ef679f

today i feel my mathamatics is also weak 8) ... Actually my questio

was just that is it possible by using some kind of techniques lik compression etc /// and if possible then how and by using whic techniques 8) ... thanks 8

Reply to
fahadislam2002

It depends on what you want to achieve. A regular bitmapped display is out of the question since you don't have enough memory. If you need to show simple images only with large fields of the same color you could use some sort of RLE compression to dramatically reduce the memory requirements.

However, if you want to show mostly text you could create a character generator hardware. You have one memory with information about what characters you want to show and one memory with information about how the characters look.

Say that each character is 8x8 pixels large. If you want to store 256 different characters this will take 2048 bytes.

With 8x8 pixel large characters you can store up to 80x60 characters on a standard VGA sized screen. (4800 bytes)

See

for some inspiration.

By drawing characters in a clever fashion you could even include some graphics on your display. It is also possible to include colors in the characters if you increase the size of the font rom. This is basically how the graphics worked on old video game consoles such as the NES and SNES.

/Andreas

Reply to
Andreas Ehliar