Accessing Bram

Which C function should I use to perform read or write into block ram (connected to opb bus with opb bus controller)?

Xio_in8 and Xio_out8 ?

Thanks Marco

Reply to
Marco

(connected to opb bus with opb bus controller)?

Not necessary - just read and write it like normal memory.

Regards,

John

Reply to
John Williams

(connected to opb bus with opb bus controller)?

Could you explain, please?

Normally, when I write a C program, I create variables... and everything is stored in memory, but it is implicit.

So, what sohuld I do to read or write into memory? In what way may I save, in example a matrix into block ram?

Thanks Marco

Reply to
Marco

You can just make use of pointers and thats easy enough, isn't it?

"Marco" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:d7kfc5$fup$ snipped-for-privacy@news.ngi.it...

is

save,

Reply to
Joey

ram

I can use C pointers to point to address space mapped from microblaze?

Reply to
Marco

I didn't try it with microblaze. But you should be able to do it. I did it with my power pc on the BRAM as well as the SDRAM. After all its just reading and writing a memory location. So it must work with Microblaze as well :)

"Marco" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:d7ku3f$kvu$ snipped-for-privacy@news.ngi.it...

everything

Reply to
Joey