Subject Author Posted Replies

Generating video noise.
I want to program an FPGA to generate two-dimensional, 10-bit video white noise. Any suggestions? I'm not sure if an independent LFSR per bit would work. If so, would I want different lengths per bit,...
9
9

8B/10B decoding after serial transmission problem?
Hello, I run into a problem/bug where I currently don't see a solution, probably somebody can give me some hints. I encoded data frames with 8B/10B, filled the gaps between the data with K28.5...
2
2

Actel. Libero. Synplify
when I synthesize the FPGA (ProASIC PLUS) in Synplify of Libero I have got a lot of warnings: "Unbound component (DFF or AND2...) mapped to black box". It seems that don't recognize the basic...
3
3

XC9572XL bus hold - Cant be disabled
No matter what options I use, the bus hold circuits are enabled on the inputs of a XC9572XL (same problem with 95144XL) in a design of ours. I've tried ISE6.3 and WEBPack 9.1, no difference. The...
2
2

BD
Hai, I need to know how to generate buffer descriptor file? regards, fazal
5
5

Sending large amount of data with lwIP...
Hello, I'm trying to send an image with lwIP, the problem is that I can't XD, y read the image from the CF card, so suposse it takes 10000 bytes, but my sendbuf is only 8192, how can I send data...

Unisim versus Virtex2 Xilinx Library
Hi, I have seen a piece of code in which there is elements such as FDP, BUFG and DCM. This code is to get different clocks from internal reference clock. I have simulated this but I cannot. These...

Xilinx S3 Starterkit, how hot it is supposed to be?
Hi I just burnt my fingers trying to lift off the Xilinx Spartan 3A Starterkit the all corner with power supplies is extremly hot - I wonder if that is normal or not. I already own 3 FPGA boards...
15
15

Req: (Free) Embedded Platforms for Education
Hi all, First of all I just joined this group so let me salute all members !! I have a request and I would be happy is someone could help. You all probably know that embedded systems are more and more...
5
5

Xilinx XC9536 current draw ?
Hello, I have been trying to figure out why the current draw of an XC9536 (not -XL) chip is so high. Xilinx has been of some help, but can't explain why the current I'm seeing (now 70 - 95 mA) is...
15
15

Xilinx System generator vs Simulink HDL Coder
Hi all, Anyone know the differences between Xilinx System Generator and Simulink HDL Coder? Thanks a lot. Richie
2
2

chipscope PLB IBA - how to get meaningful labels on signals?
I have been trying chipscope from within XPS 9.1.03i on a ML403. I can connect up the ILA sucessfully and can capture and display signals. I can also instantiate and build and run the PLB IBA core....
4
4

EDK9.1 LWIP network stack crashing?
Greetings all, I'm encountering a problem with the lwip network stack. Perhaps someone can spot what I'm missing. My hardware is an ML405 board. I'm using essentially the reference PPC design with the...

How to obtain (accurate) critical path delay?
Dear Asking many questions on this board --: My goal is to get "critical path delay" (or maximum clock frequency) of simple "register file", as described in the following : ---------------------------...

1ms delay in V5 FPGA
I need to generate approximately 1ms delay in Virtex5 -3 FPGA. The fabric clock is running at 200MHz. I was thinking about using 20 bit timer to achieve this as the wait is fairly integarted in the...
4
4