chipscope PLB IBA - how to get meaningful labels on signals?

I have been trying chipscope from within XPS 9.1.03i on a ML403. I can connect up the ILA sucessfully and can capture and display signals. I can also instantiate and build and run the PLB IBA core. But when I run chipscope analyzer, it just displays DataPort[0]...DataPort[N]. Can someone clue me in on how to get lables like "address bus", "data bus" and various control signal names displayed when using the PLB IBA?

thanks,

-Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Cunningham

Jeff,

I know if you have used the chip scope core inserter you can import the project file (*.cdc) into chipscope analyser and the signal names will be imported into the analyser. I have not used the chip scope core generator in a long time but I beleive there is a similar option to "generate bus / signal name example File (*.cdc) " which you can modify to include the signal names as connected and then import it in the a similar way.

Hope this helps

Adam

Reply to
adam.taylor

Thanks for replying Adam. I use chipscope directly within XPS, i.e. I just add the PLB IBA and ICON the design like any other IP core. I set the chipscope parameters, wire up blocks, then build it and download the bitstream all within XPS. Then I start the chipscope analyzer from outside of XPS and it finds the core and seems to work, except for no meaningful waveform names. I tried running the standalone versions of chipscope generator and inserter, but it's not clear how to get that into my xps framework. Since they supply the chipscope IP cores within XPS there must be a way to use them in that context?

-Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Cunningham

Even when you use XPS, it generates a CDC file that you should import from within analyzer. This cdc file will be in:

$(PRJ)/implementation/chipscope_plb_iba.../*.cdc

-Siva

Reply to
Siva Velusamy

His answer still applies. File | Import, find your cdc file, select the right ILA (beware the ila selection is reset after you select the file), hit ok.

--
Ben Jackson AD7GD

http://www.ben.com/
Reply to