BD

Hai,

I need to know how to generate buffer descriptor file?

regards, fazal

Reply to
fazulu deen

"fazulu deen" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@g37g2000prf.googlegroups.com...

Easy cut and paste the below into a file, and you're all set with 13 buffer descriptors. HTH, Syms.

  1. an apparatus at the end of a railroad car, railroad track, etc., for absorbing shock during coupling, collisions, etc. 2. any device, material, or apparatus used as a shield, cushion, or bumper, esp. on machinery. 3. any intermediate or intervening shield or device reducing the danger of interaction between two machines, chemicals, electronic components, etc. 4. a person or thing that shields and protects against annoyance, harm, hostile forces, etc., or that lessens the impact of a shock or reversal. 5. any reserve moneys, negotiable securities, legal procedures, etc., that protect a person, organization, or country against financial ruin. 6. buffer state. a nation lying between potentially hostile larger nations.7. Ecology. an animal population that becomes the prey of a predator that usually feeds on a different species. 8. Computers. a storage device for temporarily holding data until the computer is ready to receive or process the data, as when a receiving unit has an operating speed lower than that of the unit feeding data to it. 9. Electronics. a circuit with a single output activated by one or more of several inputs. 10. Chemistry. a. any substance or mixture of compounds that, added to a solution, is capable of neutralizing both acids and bases without appreciably changing the original acidity or alkalinity of the solution. b. Also called buffer solution. a solution containing such a substance.

-verb (used with object) 11. Chemistry. to treat with a buffer. 12. to cushion, shield, or protect. 13. to lessen the adverse effect of; ease: The drug buffered his pain.

Reply to
Symon

The question "I need to know something?" is usually accompanied by a surprised look, often before an exam.

Do you know what a buffer descriptor file is? Do you know what it's used for. I sure don't.

A register map, on the other hand, could be called a register description file or a port map and describes the details of the registers within a system typically hooked up to one bus (processor bus perhaps) and describes the controllability and observability of the design.

1) get a clue, 2) clue us in on your needs if they ARE needs that should be addressed by people who work regularly with FPGAs.

Ask a good question and you'll get actual answers.

- John_H

Reply to
John_H

I have to generate buffer descriptor with all its fields like transfer size,host address and destination address.my question was how to generate it?

Reply to
fazulu deen
[snip /]

You will need to supply a lot more context before there is any significan probablility of a useful answer. For example:

- what sort of system/network?

- what tools is this 'buffer descriptor' aimed at?

Reply to
RCIngham

Still no real information.

Is this elusive "buffer descriptor" actually part of a standard such as a communication protocol?!

When you finally put a hint of some detail into what a "BD" might be, I was thinking ti was for a DMA within your embedded system which means you and your software folks determine what you want.

If this is something that actually has to conform to a standard, tell us what the heck the standard is!

HOW can you expect to get information when your descriptions are completely insufficient?

Reply to
John_H