Microcontroller NG

I am somewhat disappointed at the lack of newsgroups dedicated to
microcontrollers. Specifically the more popular ones such as Arduino,
Raspberry Pi, Propeller, Basic Stamp, etc.
The existing groups (alt.microcontrollers and
alt.microcontrollers.8bit) have shown little to no activity in recent
years. With the increased popularity of these amazing devices it would
seem wise to start a new group specific to our interests.
Creating a new group seems a little daunting to me. Is there anyone
out there with usenet experience that would take on the project of
starting a new group?
Everyone, please let me know your thoughts.
-slackmeister

Re: Microcontroller NG

What is lacking in any newsgroup other than participants?  Certainly
there is nothing wrong with the names you list above.  If there is
little activity in alt.microcontrollers, why would you expect a new
group to have more activity?

The bottom line is any new group would need to be promoted.  You can do
the same promotion for an existing group without the hassle of forming a
new group.

--

Rick

Re: Microcontroller NG

I have a long list of "favorite" groups that nobody posts in.  I keep
them just in case.

I did not look for groups for the others, but the Raspberry Pi group
(comp.sys.raspberry-pi) seems to have some activity.

Fred

Re: Microcontroller NG

Totally rPi oriented of course.  How about comp.arch.embedded?

--

Rick

Re: Microcontroller NG

+9001

comp.arch.embedded both has enough activity *and* people who know what
the hell they are talking about.

Also, Kevin gets +some for posting in sci.electronics.equipment that has
almost zero activity.

Re: Microcontroller NG
On Sun, 4 Oct 2015 11:56:02 +0000 (UTC), Aleksandar Kuktin

Just covering all sci.electronics bases.

Re: Microcontroller NG
Can you really call Rasberry Pi a microcontroller?
more like microcomputer, right?

i'm interested in PICs. those are microcontrollers for sure.
Arduino is based off a PIC.

They are programmed in C.

Arduino has some kinda interface, crust, which makes it possible to program without directly using C.

Site Timeline