Media Disappointed Ida Damage Was Slight (2023 Update)

Really disappointed thousands of drowning victims couldn't be found anywhere. And no real infrastructure damage except to cheap as shit light industrial and strip mall commercial construction made from 30ga metal and paper. It's almost as disappointing as Henri in New England where they had to hunt far and wide to find a "big" tree down. OMG- the wind blew a tree down!!! The end is upon us!

Reply to
Fred Bloggs

+1
Reply to
John S

Henri was a pipsqueak of a storm that formed somewhere up at the latitude of Delaware. It was poorly-developed and barely made category

1, fell apart the minute it made landfall in CT.

Rhode Island and Massachusetts haven't seen a direct hit from a Category

1 in 70 years though. Boston and Providence are sitting ducks for a cyclone from the tropics that's had significant time to gather strength over the Gulf Stream.

It's pretty wild that a storm can form that far north, take a swing around Bermuda and gather enough energy to make a run at New England in the first place...

Reply to
bitrex

Why is this surprising? Their product is *news*. If there is no news, they have nothing to peddle.

We've had an abnormally wet Monsoon, this year. As such, we are now at our normal "end-of-year" total for precipitation.

Yay! Wonderful!

The meteorologists visibly *drool* when they predict two more days of rain, this week. I.e., we may reach the "record" for wettest Monsoon -- ever!

From their attitudes, you'd think that THEY played some essential role in bringing it about!

<rolls eyes>

Sort of like the first seasonal snowfall in Chicago: Do you REALLY think people have forgotten what snow is like???

Or, anyone in product development; why have a "model 2"? Why didn't you make THAT as model 1???

Reply to
Don Y

The good news is that if you don't enjoy the American mainstream media and their devotion to profit above all else, and become fed up with it, there's always the "alternative media" who will be happy to tell you the Twin Towers were taken down by robot planes and the left are Satanists attempting to steal your precious bodily fluids. You need these $39.95 dick-pills to make your dick SUPER STRONG to prevent your bodily fluids from being harvested.

Marketing to Americans who got fed up with the mainstream media's lies and went in search of bigger lies is also a good hustle man.

Reply to
bitrex

Sometimes I like to read through old news-magazines I find in e.g. antique stores from the mid to late 20th century, 1960s to 70s, say. I have a decent sized collection of these historical artifacts as I wasn't alive at the time, and it's said that "the times closest to us are often the most strange to us."

I have a copy of the Saturday Evening Post from December of 1967 on my desk and I can study it like a historical detective, trying to determine what sort of things interested the average Saturday Evening Post reader in 1967.

On the cover it says "Recent Study Shows: Three Assassins Killed Kennedy" so it looks like conspiracy theories were popular. Ad for a record club, Dean Martin and Nat King Cole LPs etc. are on offer. A fair amount of ads for cheap booze like Canadian Club, Coronet and Kessler whiskeys, barf. Lots of ads for snow tires. Like, really really lots of ads for snow tires, seems like 1 in 3 ads were for snow tires. People of this time thought snow tires were very critical. The 68 Pontiac GTO. Big cars with big engine, these are the best.

A piece about Mitt Romney's dad George who they still thought was a contender for '68 at the time, guess that didn't work out. A somewhat unusual piece for a right-leaning rag that says "Local Government is a Farce" which is a bit unusual you'd think, but yeah I guess every town having its own traffic light colors would be annoying. Homeowner's associations all seem to be made up of dipshits, that's a type of "local government" I guess.

Reply to
bitrex

Is Fred coming to his senses at last?

Jeroen Belleman

Reply to
Jeroen Belleman

It didn't flood New Orleans, it flooded New Jersey instead.

Reply to
bitrex