RTL8019AS NIC

Hello,

I am attempting to design a NIC using the RTL8019AS on an ISA bus. I have never designed for an ISA bus before and I am a bit confused after reading an ISA architecture book what I need to connect (do I need glue logic?) on my NIC. Because it is a simple IO device (no memory) Do I have to connect SMRDC,SMWTC,MRDC,MWTC, M16#, or Master

16#? Should I leave these all open so I don't pull down the whole bus or do I need some logic to tristate the pins on my NIC? Would the same go for all the DMA signal lines (DAKs, DRQs, TC, BALE,NOWS)?

Also, another confusing issue I'm having is based off of the IO16# pin. I believe it is called the IOCS16B pin on the RTL8019AS. Do I need to do anything to this pin besides connect it? The description in the data sheet is a bit vague. Its on a 16-bit bus and its a 16-bit NIC. It says there is a pull up on the Motherboard, but then how would the CPU know it is dealing with an 8-bit card?

Any help would be appreciated, Matt

Reply to
Matt