comact flash in tue ide mode

I am interfacing compact flash for the first time. My confusion is that can a Compact flash be connected to a copmact flash interface in True IDE mode or do we need an ISA bus for it.Actually i am trying to connect a compact flash to an interface other than the ISA bus.

Reply to
engineer1

IDE is not the same thing as ISA. Most CF cards do IDE just fine. There are a couple of input pins that have to be pulled the right way, is all. I made a CF-socket to IDE cable, and it comes up as a normal hard drive. I boot a Linux image off it - using the LiveCD tricks so the kernel runs from RAM, but has the CF as a read-only root drive. Cute way to boot a PC104 device.

Reply to
Clifford Heath