IJG Jpeg Compression input

Hi,

For the jpeg library, I am using a windows bitmap, which takes a considerable amount of space. Since I am only using 4 colors, RGB and black, I am looking at reducing the size of the bitmap input file. Where and how can I configure the library so it can effectively use a smaller input file for jpeg encoding?

Reply to
prune

Look into run length encoding - much simpler than jpeg and the information is widely available. With only 4 colours you can use RLE4 which saves even more space.

Reply to
Tom Lucas