MSP 430

Hi has anyone tried writing to the information memory of the MSP430 with the BSL. I'm trying and failing, I have applied the patch but it doesn't seem to work. Do I need to download the latest BSL? or can you not write to the Info Memory with the BSL commands? Cheers Mark.

Reply to
sharkybooster

what is bsl?

Reply to
Rohan

BSL = ootstrap loader- the serial, bitbanged flash programmer. It works well, if a little slowly. And no, I haven't tried it for info memory (the two 128 byte extra flash pages) but I would guess that the problem lies with protection- the BSL uses the program's vector table as a security password, without it you can only erase the whole flash.

Paul Burke

Reply to
Paul Burke