PC/104 plus bus communication with FPGA using Xilinx IPCore

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has ever use FPGA to communicate with another board that use PC/104 plus bus as the interface? To give a better view, I have one firewire board that uses a PCI-to-1394 host chip and another board that has an FPGA on it. I would like to control the firewire by using the FPGA. Does anyone has any suggestion on how to do this?

I've tried using Xilinx PCi IPCore but did not work. I was wondering if I might need to use OPB bridge instead. I am open to any suggestion.

Cheers!

Reply to
awa

Do you understand *why* the PCI core did not work? Did you analyze the transactions on the bus to see what was happening?

I don't know of any reason that the IP core would not have worked. I suppose it is possible that you used a core that does not have master capability. I am not familiar with the core you are referring to.

Reply to
rickman

I am using Xilinx PCI 32-bit interface IP core. I've been going through different thread and some people suggested PCI host bridge.

Is there anyone who have used Xilinx PCI IP Core? Do you need other IP Core as well?

Reply to
awa