Hi, I am looking for a PCI card with an FPGA on it with reasonable capacity of gates (15 million gates). I need to use this board as a hardware accelerator in a PC environment. My exact requirements for the PCI card are:
- should have a PCI controller/ bridge on it so that I dont have to put PCI core on the FPGA.
- the FPGA should be configurable through PCI (that means the programming pins of the FPGA should be routed to the PCI).
- seperate IO and data bus are preferred from/to the FPGA.
I will be using this hardware accelerator for speeding up DSP algorithms. The application running on windows will have several such DSP bitstreams and the user will be selecting the DSP bitstreams and downloading it on the FPGA through PCI. Data will be pumped into the FPGA through PCI using the data bus for processing while the status and command operations will be managed through the IO pins. Once the processing is done, the data will be read back by the application using the same data bus.
ANYONE KNOWS ANY SUCH BOARD FULFILLING MY REQUIREMENTS?
Boards I have explored are:
- PCIS3BASE from cesys.com (supports only data bus)
- PCI Proto Board from techniprise.com (smaller FPGA)