MPLAB 7.0 on website

Just noticed that Microchip Technologies now has MPLAB 7.0 available for downloading. Don't know how it differs. I'll have to wait until later tonight to download it.

Reply to
Gary Kato

No longer supports older PICC compilers.

Reply to
hamilton

Ah. I don't use C (yet) for PICs. I won't be using 7.0 for my own reason: it won't install on Windows 98 (non SE).

Reply to
Gary Kato

That sounds like bad news. Which older PICC compilers are you referring to?

Reply to
Ppelectron

That sounds very ugly. Are they keeping older versions available? I, for one, will never let the newer Windows on my machines, because of their EULAs, and because W98 does enough for my purposes. Any improvement will have to come via Linux or BSD.

     USE worldnet address!
Reply to
CBFalconer

If you look in "Project" -> "Set Language Tool Locations" PICC is not listed.

Reply to
hamilton

I've heard that it is rather buggy.

Leon

--
Leon Heller, G1HSM
http://www.geocities.com/leon_heller

You mean it won't drive picc build process or it won't recognise the .cod format?

Best Regards, Mike Page

Reply to
Mike Page

If you look in "Project" -> "Set Language Tool Locations" PICC is not listed.

I can not run my compiler. So Yes. I can not create a .cod file either. Can I load a .cod file ??? I don't know, I can not create one.

Reply to
hamilton

Meaning: it doesn't (easily) drive the build process.

Most (or all) PIC compilers can be run from the command line. Check your documentation.

MPLAB doesn't compile -- it edits (same as your everyday editor), starts a compiler for you, simulates, debugs (through suitable hardware), and programs (through hardware). The most valuable of these are simulation and on-chip debugging. See if you can run the compiler from the command line, setting the proper options to generate a file which MPLAB can use to read symbols for debugging. You should be able to simulate or debug, though, even without symbol support, although its harder.

Thad

Reply to
Thad Smith

"Choose "Set Language Tool Location.." from the Project menu. Then select the HI-TECH PICC Toolsuite. Assign the PICL.exe for each of the executables."

HTH

B.C.

Reply to
Bill Carson