memory counting using memtest86

memtest86 (v 3.2) shows me that my laptop has a bad RAM address, at

0b5d9270. It also writes, beside the failing address, what appears to be a memory count, in this case it writes 181.5MB. However, when I convert 0b5d9270 from hex to dec, it corresponds to 190.7MB. This is almost 10MB difference and I'd like to find out which one is correct because if I have to cut off anything about the lowest bad address, I'll lose 10MB more if the first number is correct. Any idea of what's going on? I've searched the net for similar situations and all I could find is that my case is not unique, i.e. other people report addresses that are always higher than the MB count that memtest86 gives. To my surprise, nobody asks why ...
Reply to
JuanPedro

It's an old question. The answer is that you're using different units. 181 MiB = 190 MB. See

Ed

Reply to
Ed Beroset