Subject Author Posted Replies

Blasting Rock With a Bullet
Backyard rock blasting using micro-explosives.
13
13

Climate change is already beginning to affect plants and animals that live in freshwater lakes and rivers
Climate change is already beginning to affect plants and animals that live in freshwater lakes and rivers, altering their habitat and bringing life-threatening stress and disease. Only an idiot would...
20
20

Re: Brisbane hits coldest temperature in 103 years
You fail to understand that climate and weather are different. Weather is an immediate occurrence, while climate is a long term trend. Once you finally understand what you are talking about, you will...
12
12

LED driver
I might design a box that has a 5000 volt power supply inside. I was thinking that I could have a warning LED (or two independent ones, for redundancy) that indicate that HV is present. It could be...
316
316

Full Negative-Going Waveform From Sound Card
I understand the output from PC sound cards swings positive and negative (push-pull) with respect to the audio ground. My objective is to create a complex audio signal in a graphical editor, such as...
21
21

Is there a Kickstarter to help fund this?
I think we need one. Protecting the boarders is one of the first things on the the to do list for the Federal government, instead their busy wrecking hard drives.
2
2

Blistering Hot Future Summers Interactive Map
Models show summers are going to keep warming as emissions continue. See what this warming will feel like.
11
11

Practical PCB Production Soldering?
I have a rather large metal plate with PCB's mounted on it, mainly as a power distribution "cable." There is Silicone involved, but since that stuff is good to 300 C, I'm not too worried. Using Ag-Sn...
11
11

bring in outside air with out the out side humidity
Has one yet come up with a way to bring in outside air but not the humidity with it? I would like to move fresh air around in my basement, I don't care about the temperature but I don't want to make...
36
36

Force LCD monitor "white"/"black"
Hi, Anyone know how the drive to an LCD panel works? Specifically, how one can force the display to appear "all white" or "all black" WITHOUT relying on the electronics already present in the monitor?...
34
34

OT big G
Hi all, just reading a big G article in the latest Physics Today. Kinda fun, if you like that sort of thing. (does that link work?) It's surprising that we still only know this "first" physics...
23
23

TDA2050
Anyone know of a source ? UK preferred, USA OK
12
12

what's this i number, anyhow?
Feynman called Euler's formula: e(exp ix) = cosx + isinx -he called it "the jewel." (FLP V1, ca. ch. 20) I imagine some of you who use this number implicitly, when you learned it in school, had a...
56
56

OT - Any idea how to activate that little button?
go to craigslist and read an offer, button in upper left corner CONTACT or REPLY the button shows up, looks like it deflects when I click on it, but ...nothing! This amchine is Opera 9.64 on Win98SE...
1
1

"Fat Meter" Physics?
I stepped into a pharmacy in a supermarket, and they had a machine where you hold two handles and get a reading of your fat content. I note their is a Wikipedia entry for "Dielectric Spectroscopy."...
4
4