TDA2050

Anyone know of a source ? UK preferred, USA OK

Reply to
TTman

On a sunny day (Wed, 09 Jul 2014 16:56:24 +0100) it happened TTman wrote in :

Ebay. 3$75 free shipping , several sources.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

If you do not need the full power you could use the TDA2030 instead.

--
Dipl.-Inform(FH) Peter Heitzer, peter.heitzer@rz.uni-regensburg.de
HTML mails will be forwarded to /dev/null.

Do you need a single IC, hundreds, or thousands? If you need just one to fix a guitar amp:

STmicro no longer makes the TDA2050. I checked usual distributors (Digikey, Mouser, Newark, Allied, etc) and nothing found. No obvious plugin substitute either.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

Jeff, perhaps you don't know about findchips or octopart. (I'm starting to like octopart a bit more... much easier to compare prices.)

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

I don't need full power.. would it 'drop in' ? I need a few hundred

Reply to
TTman

Octopart also shows datasheets when available, often from different manufacturers.

If they are missing one, and you happen to have it, you can upload it easily.

They are very easy to deal with if you have a problem. I reported a bug a while ago and they sent me an Octopart T-Shirt. Fits perfectly.

Reply to
Steve Wilson

Grin, an octopart tee shirt is surely geek wearing apparel.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

As far as I read the datasheet it will. Only the maximum value differ in that the TDA2050 is specified for +/- 25V supply whereas the TDA2030 only has +/- 22V for maximum supply voltage.

--
Dipl.-Inform(FH) Peter Heitzer, peter.heitzer@rz.uni-regensburg.de
HTML mails will be forwarded to /dev/null.
Reply to
Peter Heitzer

I know about them, but have been too lazy to use them. Instead, I use a local web page, which I scribbled years ago, that plugs the part number into the various distributors search URL's. Something like these, where the tda2050 part number is passed from a search box: etc. Time to get rid of my method and use something better. Thanks.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Jeff Liebermann

On Wed, 09 Jul 2014 10:03:50 -0700, Jeff Liebermann wrote: (...) One more parts search tool: Someone in this newsgroup wrote this Google custom search page. I forgot whom, but thanks.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Jeff Liebermann

There are 53 people selling them on E-bay.

Reply to
Rick

I vaguely remember having seen a TDA2040 in a cheap guitar amplifier, so such thing would appear to exist.

Reply to
Ian Field